Cream Cream

Alright mate, this is going to be a brutally honest review.

The first issue I have with Cream is the content. You have done the Dystopian-TV-Show-Shtick sooo much better in the past. The idea of an all-fixing cream-like substance is so dystopian and horrific in itself, that the whole part from 07:00 on feels like an intellectual fallacy. All philosophical questions are suddenly wiped away by a mere "Evil capitalism!" scream, as subtle as a rusty nail to the eye. You wouldn't have needed this part to show the dark side of the cream. Actually, the bathing scene already gives quite the strong argument against the whole creamery - the annihilation of individualism through perfectionism. Sadly, this is hardly the focus of the film - and to be honest, even if it was, it's still a pretty old idea. Your best films live from philosophical discussion on a rather personal and relatable level, with individual characters instead of random people on a news show.

The second issue I have with Cream is the visual aspect. While a similar style felt fresh and unexpected in Sock 5, you have now enhanced it to the point where there's no reason left for the film being an actual animation and not live-action. Perfectionism is normally a good thing, but like every virtue it can turn into a sin. Especially on the internet, an overly polished style can detract from the actual content. The minimal approach of your early shit was so powerful and mighty, but there's nothing left of that here, as it has been, ironically enough, "creamed away".

To make this whole review end on a more positive note, I have to say that the film wasn't utter horseshite as the rating might suggest. But it's crap compared to your old work, which is legendary. Still better than most animations on the web, but that's not really a contest, now is it.

Nites - Under the wind Nites - Under the wind

Your animations are constantly getting better. I now feel the need to rewatch the other parts to understand what was going on, haha. Looking forward for more :§

Nites Episode 2 Nites Episode 2

I really like this series. It truly sends out the jolly vibes.

Sheep Collab! Sheep Collab!

That was pretty damn good, one of the best collabs I've seen on NG. Count me in for the next one @u@

Comedy Comedy

It's alright, but I expected a bit too much after your immortal masterpiece "Eternal Saturday". This film was a bit too short to have a lasting impact on my soul. Well, hope to see more from you Mr. Mushroomboy!

The turtle killed the sun The turtle killed the sun

I've watched this animation a zillion times and I still love it. It's simply perfect.

Ray's Dignity Ray's Dignity

Haha, Rob Schneider sure is one tragic character.

Video Dating Tape Video Dating Tape

Video Dating Tape by David Firth

"Video Dating Tape" by David Firth is a film full of bizarre magic, something you can find in all of Mr. Firth´s works.
We see a weirdly shaped woman in a dull room. She inserts a tape into her TV. Now we see "Jake", who introduces himself as a possible partner in love.
Who is this Jake? Without a question, he seems psychically damaged, abnormal, the comic relief of a human being. But there´s also a spell on him, which leads the viewer into thinking about him. Are there people like Jake? How much of Jake can be found in ourselves? We smile as we see how he tries to sustain his childhood purity. He wishes for a superman-cape for his 40th birthday, but we see a man, who has been marked by angst. He is being perverted by a "Balloon-Man", whom he sees every sunday. The Balloon-Man symbolizes the sexual perversion of the world. He uses Jake´s infantility for his own dark pleasures and we see and feel the tragic of this connection. Jake can not sustain his childhood purity. His face is full of sorrow and loneliness. And loss.
Eventually, this leads to Jake becoming a wrongdoer himself. He starts to importune children in the park. How will these cildren react? Is their childhood now also damaged, damaged without their own fault? This story shows the whole human tragedy of childhood loss. But the film is not finished yet.
When Jake ends his narration, the film jumps back to the woman, watching his tape. First she seems shocked, but then she picks up the phone and dials Jake´s number. She is smiling - but why? She is also marked by sorrow and represents Jakes female counterpart. Maybe she can understand him, start to love him and bring them both back to what everyone searches and everyone loses. Purity. One can just hope.

--Orange-- --Orange--

Promising

The ending was not what I hoped to see. Instead of choosing a "Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy" ending, it could have been very grim and thoughtprovoking.

The Northern Incident The Northern Incident

Not your best

Technically it was what I exspected it to be (meaning: top-notch!), but the whole concept didn´t work for me. It all seemed pretty random and the ending could have been so much better! You can create beautiful animations and art, but what was the whole point of the movie? Don´t get me wrong, you are definitely one of the internets best animators, but my exspectations were immensly high and now I´m disappointed :(