View Profile exotworking

65 Movie Reviews

I love your work, but I must say that I don't like the direction your recent stuff is taking. This doesn't mean much, for artists should make the films only they want to make and don't try to appease a virtual audience, but maybe people will find it interesting to read a strong opinion.

The first issue I have with Cream is the content. You have done the Dystopian-TV-Show-Shtick much better in the past. The idea of an all-fixing cream-like substance is so dystopian and horrific in itself, that the whole part from 07:00 on feels like an intellectual fallacy. All philosophical questions are suddenly wiped away by a standard corporate critique, that could have fitted in every other movie. You wouldn't have needed this part to show the dark side of the cream. Actually, the bathing scene already gives quite the strong argument against it - the annihilation of individualism through perfectionism. Sadly, this is hardly the focus of the film - and to be honest, even if it was, it's still a pretty old idea. Your best films live from philosophical discussion on a rather personal and relatable level, with individual characters instead of random people on a news show.

The second issue I have with Cream is the visual aspect. While a similar style felt fresh and unexpected in Sock 5, you have now enhanced it to the point where there's no reason left for the film being an actual animation and not live-action. Perfectionism is normally a good thing, but like every virtue it can turn into a sin. Especially on the internet, an overly polished style can detract from the actual content. The minimal approach of your early shit was so powerful and mighty, but there's nothing left of that here, as it has been, ironically enough, "creamed away". But I see that visual style is a matter of taste, so that is probably not that important.

At the end of the day, I must confess to being a super fan of your early stuff, to the extent that it makes it hard for me to accept these changes. Maybe I will start liking it more as time goes on, who knows? For now however, I get an uneasy feeling watching your post Sock 5 stuff. I will update this review if things start to change.

I admire your work ethic and you know better yourself what you want to achieve with your art. Shine on, you crazy diamond <3

Your animations are constantly getting better. I now feel the need to rewatch the other parts to understand what was going on, haha. Looking forward for more :ยง

I really like this series. It truly sends out the jolly vibes.

47 Game Reviews

Great style and humour! The riddle with the monster shaped forms was a bit misleading, because the text was in the colour of one of the shapes.

I really look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

This is a truly unique game. It creates an incredible gloomy atmosphere with rather minimalistic game mechanics. The moment I lured the monster to the light beam in the great hall was scary as phug and made great use of camera angles and sound. Some people criticized the walking speed, but I think it fits the main protagonist who is a mysterious entity himself.

10/10 excellent game

pLaw responds:

Wow, thanks! I Really appreciate this :)

The great disappointment with this game is that you can't see the people react to your atrocious meals that will probably kill them. So once I realized I'm only serving invisible folk all motivation was gone.

11 Audio Reviews

Coolio. An excellent video-game loop! Keep up the good work.

wandschrank responds:

Thanks!

Ambient as it should be

The title says it all

Nice

This one is really well executed. I love the beginning.

vibe-newgrounds responds:

Me too :D
Thanks.

5 Art Reviews

somehow reminds me of stupid sexy flanders.

golfinho responds:

hahaha

I imagine you are in some kind of asylum right now, drawing these for your therapy after you made "the worst". If you reach 100 you're allowed to leave.

Sherbalex responds:

Grim

This really makes me reflect upon the great comics of Charles M. Schulz. Charlie Brown never gives in on self-pity. He continues a baseball game, although there is no chance to win and he is the only one left on the field. This drawing of a Charlie Brown, where he is doing the opposite, clarifies the qualtities of the real Charlie Brown from the comic strips. The reason I like him is his loyality and his perseverance.

Bewegung entsteht durch Haltung