View Profile exotworking

All 61 Movie Reviews

7 w/ Responses

I love your work, but I must say that I don't like the direction your recent stuff is taking. This doesn't mean much, for artists should make the films only they want to make and don't try to appease a virtual audience, but maybe people will find it interesting to read a strong opinion.

The first issue I have with Cream is the content. You have done the Dystopian-TV-Show-Shtick much better in the past. The idea of an all-fixing cream-like substance is so dystopian and horrific in itself, that the whole part from 07:00 on feels like an intellectual fallacy. All philosophical questions are suddenly wiped away by a standard corporate critique, that could have fitted in every other movie. You wouldn't have needed this part to show the dark side of the cream. Actually, the bathing scene already gives quite the strong argument against it - the annihilation of individualism through perfectionism. Sadly, this is hardly the focus of the film - and to be honest, even if it was, it's still a pretty old idea. Your best films live from philosophical discussion on a rather personal and relatable level, with individual characters instead of random people on a news show.

The second issue I have with Cream is the visual aspect. While a similar style felt fresh and unexpected in Sock 5, you have now enhanced it to the point where there's no reason left for the film being an actual animation and not live-action. Perfectionism is normally a good thing, but like every virtue it can turn into a sin. Especially on the internet, an overly polished style can detract from the actual content. The minimal approach of your early shit was so powerful and mighty, but there's nothing left of that here, as it has been, ironically enough, "creamed away". But I see that visual style is a matter of taste, so that is probably not that important.

At the end of the day, I must confess to being a super fan of your early stuff, to the extent that it makes it hard for me to accept these changes. Maybe I will start liking it more as time goes on, who knows? For now however, I get an uneasy feeling watching your post Sock 5 stuff. I will update this review if things start to change.

I admire your work ethic and you know better yourself what you want to achieve with your art. Shine on, you crazy diamond <3

Your animations are constantly getting better. I now feel the need to rewatch the other parts to understand what was going on, haha. Looking forward for more :§

I really like this series. It truly sends out the jolly vibes.

That was pretty damn good, one of the best collabs I've seen on NG. Count me in for the next one @u@

It's alright, but I expected a bit too much after your immortal masterpiece "Eternal Saturday". This film was a bit too short to have a lasting impact on my soul. Well, hope to see more from you Mr. Mushroomboy!

Haha, Rob Schneider sure is one tragic character.

Promising

The ending was not what I hoped to see. Instead of choosing a "Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy" ending, it could have been very grim and thoughtprovoking.

Not your best

Technically it was what I exspected it to be (meaning: top-notch!), but the whole concept didn´t work for me. It all seemed pretty random and the ending could have been so much better! You can create beautiful animations and art, but what was the whole point of the movie? Don´t get me wrong, you are definitely one of the internets best animators, but my exspectations were immensly high and now I´m disappointed :(

What´s the point?

A technically well made film with nothing to laugh/wonder//feel about. Educational films for the sake of eductation are boring as hell.

jetty spaghetti

I watched this when it came out and didn´t get a thing. Now that I watched it again and again it all makes sense. O how I laughed.

Bewegung entsteht durch Haltung